The Penguin update is targeted against the spammy content. this suggests you've got to induce rid of that. Via the Google Webmaster Central, you'll are notified of spam by Google. Check for warning messages, and rectify the spam grievance. If you've got no warning messages from Google, and you're still down, then correct the things you're thinking that is spammy on your pages (keyword stuffing, link schemes, copied content, and redirects).
Google has provided tips that are needed to be followed to take care of an honest quality web site, in its facilitate center. Now, they're not a lot of facilitate, if you've got already been hit by the Penguin. However, we tend to are quoting here the “specific guidelines”.
1. Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
2. Don’t use cloaking or sneaky redirects.
3. Don’t send automated queries to Google.
4. Don’t load pages with irrelevant keywords.
5. Don’t produce multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
6. Don’t produce pages with malicious behavior, like phishing or putting in viruses, trojans, or alternative badware.
7. Avoid “doorway” pages created only for search engines, or alternative “cookie cutter” approaches like affiliate programs with very little or no original content.
8. If your web site participates in an affiliate program, ensure that your web site adds worth. offer distinctive and relevant content that offers users a reason to go to your web site initial.
Google has conjointly listed some basic principles of an honest web site, that has relevancy, top quality and not spammy. These principles are:
- Pages ought to be primarily for users, not for search engines. Avoid “cloaking.
- Stay removed from sneaky tricks aimed toward improving search engine rankings.
- Stay removed from link schemes. don't link with spammers or disreputable sites.
- Always submit pages, check rankings and do alternative things manually.